Dr Buchner believes in the philosophy of preventative medicine and aims to identify conditions before they manifest. She does this by performing a thorough general examination of her patients.
What can I expect during a routine appointment/general examination?
- Blood pressure and pulse measurement
- Cardiac, respiratory and abdominal examination
- ECG (electrocardiography) – recording the electrical activity of the heart over a period of time
- Stress ECG (a stationary bicycle is used)
- Breast examination
- Prostate examination (men older than 40)
- ENT (ear, nose and throat) examination
Depending on the specific patient and circumstances, additional routine tests, e.g. 24-hour blood pressure monitoring and/or a lung function test may be required.